Dewar Changeover System
Dewar changeover systems provide a continuous, uninterrupted flow of liquid nitrogen to the use point. When the primary source is empty, the system allows a simple switchover to a standby, full, secondary supply bank, thus eliminating liquid supply interruption.
CSM Cryogenic provides two options for dewar switchover system: Manual or Automatic
Automatic switchover stations will constantly monitor the liquid nitrogen supply using a liquid detection sensor. When the sensor detects liquid nitrogen supply interruption due to an empty dewar, the controller will command the vacuum-insulated valves to perform the supply switchover to the standby dewar.
Switchover stations are an efficient and economical alternative to installing a bulk storage tank with extensive vacuum-insulated pipelines.
Features & Benefits:
- Vacuum insulation with lowest heat leak and lower liquid losses compared to traditional foam insulation
- Easily expandable when the liquid cylinder demand increases
- No moisture condensation, frosting or wet floor issue
- Prevent liquid air condensation and fire hazard due to high oxygen concentration
- Highest safety, prevents the operator from cold burns
- Built-in nitrogen gas purging function to avoid moisture intrusion during dewar replacement
- Safe-draining of residue liquid nitrogen to prevent spillage and cold burn accidents when disconnecting the hose from the dewar
- Pressure equalizing function to avoid cross-filling between dewars when more than one dewar is manifolded together in one bank
Dewar Changeover System.pdf